Station Blog, Station News
1. How did you get started in broadcasting?
Years ago I had my first conducting post in British Columbia and the local community college asked me to teach a course in music history. I needed a few more hours of teaching time to meet my quota so we created a weekly radio programme that was sent on reel to reel tape by Greyhound to fort St John B.C.
2. What’s the best movie you’ve seen?
I’ll give you my top three favourites…Zulu which introduced a young Michael Caine, A Man for All Seasons with Paul Scofield and the The Dead which was John Huston’s last effort and is a masterpiece of Joyce.
3. If you could only go to ONE more concert in your life, who would you see?
Anything conducted by Leonard Bernstein
4. What would your wife say is your most annoying habit?
Honey, have you seen my (fill in the blank with missing object. Usually my diary)?
5. Everybody has one thing they cook REALLY well. What’s your specialty?
Elizabeth David’s French Country Cooking is a must for my celebrated coq au vin. I would add that it’s no small feat to make a breathtaking martini.
6. Coolest person in entertainment history – GO!
It’s a tossup between Marlon Brando or George C Scott
7. Favorite gift you ever received?
My son Connor Patrick was born on my birthday. Top that!
8. Fiction or non-fiction. Why?
Fiction by all means for the same reason it is less interesting to ‘find yourself’ than it is to invent yourself!
9. One book you wish they would make into a TV show.
Short stories of Somerset Maugham
10. One classical composer that should have his/her own movie.
I would cast Johnny Depp as Louis Moreau Gottshalk…rascal and pianist deluxe!
Hear Kerry Stratton on The Oasis, weekday afternoons from 3:00PM – 7:00PM or Sunday’s on Conductor’s Choice from 3:00PM – 8:00PM.