Nutritionist and author Jonny Bowden has created several lists of healthful foods people should be eating but aren’t. He’s the author of “The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth. Here’s his short list of the 11 best foods you aren’t eating.
1. Beets: They contain folate as well as natural red pigments that may be cancer fighters. Bowden suggests eating them Fresh, raw and grated to make a salad. Heating decreases the antioxidant power.
2. Cabbage: It’s Loaded with nutrients that boost cancer-fighting enzymes..
3. Swiss chard: It’s packed with carotenoids that protect aging eyes.
4. Cinnamon: It may help control blood sugar and cholesterol.
5. Pomegranate juice: It Appears to lower blood pressure and is loaded with antioxidants. I’ll have the rest of the list next week.