Interview with Michael Kramer, host of Zero to 1800.
1. How did you get started in broadcasting?
I recorded an audition tape and sent it off to Oakville. A week later a phone call came asking me to come to a meeting. The rest is broadcasting history. I was offered a job doing the classical show Monday to Friday and the rock show on Saturday night. I commuted from my home in Hamilton in my old Chevy until it died on the QEW one night.
What’s the best movie you’ve seen?
Impossible to answer but I am fond of a film titled Bread and Tulips (Pane e Tulipane).
3. If you could go to ONE more concert in your life, who would you see?
Maybe Yo Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble.
4. What would your partner or friends say is your most annoying habit?
Not knowing what my most annoying habit is.
5. Everybody has one thing they cook REALLY well. What’s your specialty?
6. Coolest person in entertainment history…GO!
7. Favourite gift you ever received?
A hand knitted sweater just for me.
8. Fiction or non-fiction? Why?
Both..although I lean toward non-fiction.
9. One book you wish they would make into a TV show?
Dan Millman’s “Way of The Peaceful Warrior”.
10. One classical composer who should have his/her own movie?