Contest Rules & Regulations – “Wake Up in Ireland with Tourism Ireland and Aer Lingus”
1. The “Wake up In Ireland with Tourism Ireland and Aer Lingus” contest 2014 (the “Contest”) is sponsored by ZoomerMedia Limited.
2. No purchase is necessary to enter this contest or win the Prize.
3. Contest commences on January 5 at 05.00 (EST) and closes on January 30 at 09.00 (EST) (the “Contest Period”).
4. All entries must be received on or before 09.00 EST January 30, 2015.
5. Entries submitted through fraudulent means or in any way tampered with, incorrect, unclear, forged, mutilated, illegible, indecipherable or mechanically reproduced may be disqualified at the sole discretion of ZoomerMedia Limited.
6. Limit one entry per person, per day.
7. ZoomerMedia Limited is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, illegible or delayed for any reason.
1. To enter and be eligible to win you must be a permanent resident of Canada, reside in Ontario, of the age of majority at the time of entry, and not an employee of, a member of the immediate family of, or domiciled with an employee or Board member of any division of ZoomerMedia Limited, Tourism Ireland or Aer Lingus or an employee or Board member of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies.
2. This contest is only open to residents of Ontario.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Beginning at 5:00 am EST on January 5, 2015, entrants can enter the “Wake Up In Irealnd” contest by calling in to the Good Day GTA show when they hear the cue to call.
2. Entries that are incomplete will be disqualified.
3. All entries shall become the property of ZoomerMedia Limited. ZoomerMedia Limited shall not be responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected or delayed. Entries received by any other method (phone, fax, courier, e-mail or dropped off in person) will not be accepted.
1. There is one (1) Grand Prize consisting of:
– Flights for two from Toronto to Dublin with Aer Lingus
– Seven nights accommodation, including one night castle stay
– Seven-day car hire
– Full Irish Breakfast Daily
– Maps & Itinerary planning
2. The Grand Prize may not be sold or redeemed for cash.
PRIZE SELECTION AND DELIVERY
1. Draw Date: January 30, 2015
2. The winner will be selected in a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The draw will take place on January 30, 2015 at 3:00pm EST at the offices of ZoomerMedia Limited located at 70 Jefferson Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 1Y4.
3. The selected entrant will be notified by email and by telephone no later than 5:00pm on February 8th, 2015, followed by a written notification. The winner has until 5pm on January 24, 2015 to confirm receipt of the Grand Prize notification or the winner forfeits the Grand Prize and the Grand Prize will then be awarded to an alternate winner selected by random draw from all remaining eligible entries.
4. To win, the contestant must first correctly answer a time-limited, skill-testing question.
5. The decisions of the contest judges are final. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred. The prize winner has the sole responsibility of paying any taxes connected to the prize, if any.
6. The eligible winner of the prize may be asked to sign a declaration and release form releasing ZoomerMedia Limited from any liability arising from the acceptance of the prize and confirming compliance with contest rules.
1. This offer is void where prohibited by law. Chances of winning are solely dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. This contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and participation in the contest indicates acceptance of all contest rules and regulations.
2. By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image on videotape for publicity purposes in all ZoomerMedia Limited media outlets without payment or compensation.
3. If this contest permits entries to be received via e-mail or Internet, no responsibility will be taken for any failure of the website during the promotion or for any problems or technical malfunction of a telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, on-line or Internet entry to be received by ZoomerMedia Limited on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. ZoomerMedia Limited reserves the right, in its sole discretion; to cancel or suspend the Internet portion of this contest should a virus, bug or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of ZoomerMedia Limited corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made ZoomerMedia Limited reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
4. The declaration and release must be returned to ZoomerMedia Limited within ten (10) days after receipt.
5. By entering, all entrants agree to adhere to, and abide by, these Contest Rules and Regulations. The decisions of ZoomerMedia Limited with respect to any Contest matter are final.
6. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and bylaws. Quebec residents are not eligible to enter the contest.
7. Prize: One (1) Prize: The prize has a total estimated value of $5,000 (Canadian dollars) and consists of round trip flights from Toronto Pearson International Airport to Dublin Airport, Ireland; 7 day car rental; Accommodation for seven nights with Full Irish breakfast daily; Detailed maps & itineraries of Ireland. The Prize Winner will be responsible for picking up the rental vehicle at Dublin International Airport at the designated rental company as determined by the Sponsor/Administrator. Prize Winner may upgrade to an automatic and/or larger vehicle at his/her expense. Prize Winner will be responsible for obtaining all necessary vehicle insurance.
AER LINGUS: The Prize includes roundtrip economy (coach) class airfare with Aer Lingus. No frequent flyer miles will be available. Seats are limited and air transportation may be restricted to specific flights, class of service, travel dates, or length of stay at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Tickets are valid up to one year with all travel completed by January 31st, 2016. Blackout dates include June, July & August and the period from Dec 14th – Jan 10th. Peak times of travel and holidays may not always be available; all seats are subject to availability and capacity controls. The tickets are non-transferable and have no cash redemption value. Both tickets must be used together on the same dates. Tickets valid for Economy Class round-trip travel on Aer Lingus direct services from Toronto Pearson international Airport to Ireland. Not valid for bookings on partner airlines or codeshare flights. Canadian government taxes/security/airport fees are the responsibility of the individual prizewinner. Excess baggage fees and any additional products or services will be charged the current applicable fees. Once ticketed, any changes made will be charged the current applicable fees. Completed travel form must be submitted to Aer Lingus 60 days prior to departure.
Transportation expenses to and from any International Airport are the responsibility of the Prize Winner and his/her travel companion. The above accommodations and room types are subject to availability and may change at the Sponsor/Administrator’s sole discretion. Return travel must be completed between 3 February 2015 and 31 May 2015. Blackout dates apply (March 14 – 21 and April 3 – 6 inclusive). Prize Winner and his/her travel companion must travel on the same itinerary. Tourism Ireland/Aer Lingus will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates. Once booked, no change, extension, or substitution of trip dates are permitted, except by Tourism Ireland/Aer Lingus at its sole discretion. Tickets are non-refundable and not redeemable for cash or credit. Tickets may not be transferred or sold to a third party. Prize Winner and travel companion are responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documentation to permit international travel (i.e. passport). Prize winner will be responsible for obtaining travel and health insurance coverage for the duration of the trip at the expense of winner and his/her travel companion and further, must not have any barrier to entry in the host country. All travel expenses not described here in as being awarded, including, but not limited to, incidental accommodation expenses, upgrades, meals, ground transportation, travel insurance, items of a personal nature, gratuities, and souvenirs, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. If for any reason any portion of the Prize does not occur, such portion will be forfeited with no compensation being paid in exchange thereof.
8. General Prize Restrictions: No cash redemption of the prize. No transfer of the prize. Prize may not be substituted, except by Sponsor/Administrator for a prize or a prize component of equal or greater value, in its sole discretion. Prize may be different from that pictured in advertising. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor/Administrator and its designees to use winner’s name and likeness for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and all media now and hereafter known without additional notice or compensation unless prohibited by law. Winner acknowledges that neither the Contest Entities nor their directors, employees, or agents, have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers’ terms thereof, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. By participating in this promotion, all entrants agree to these official rules, and understand that the prize will be forfeited to the runner-up if the winner is not able to travel over specified dates for whatever reason or if not eligible for this competition.
9. Release: Tourism Ireland and its sponsors/partners are not responsible for (a.) Lost, late, delayed, misdirected, unintelligible or incomplete electronic mail; (b.) Telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; (c.) Errors in transmission, any condition caused by events beyond the control of Tourism Ireland that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (d.) Tourism Ireland will not be held responsible for entries not received in the event of participants not successfully completing the entering mechanism supplied.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually and without resort to any form of class action. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, excluding attorneys’ fees. Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses. Where permitted by law, this Contest is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, without regard to conflicts of law principles and all entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of Province of Ontario for the resolution of all claims and disputes.
10. For further information, please contact Valerie Massie, Marketing & Digital Media Coordinator, The New Classical FM, by phone at 416-367-5353 ext. 373 or by email at [email protected]